Getting Silverlight web part to deploy in SharePoint

I'm trying to get a Silverlight Web Part working in MOSS by creating it in Visual Studio 2008 (based on the tutorial here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd148643.aspx).

When I try to deploy it, I get the error message:
The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Negotiate'. The authentication header received from the server was 'NTLM'.

I've changed the authentication settings for the SharePoint site to "Negotiate,NTLM" as this article suggests: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215383

When I enable anonymous access on the VSeWSS website in IIS, I stop getting that error message and instead get this one:
The requested service, 'http://[IP address]/SPService.svc' could not be activated. See the server's diagnostic trace logs for more information.

Going to the Event Log reveals this error for the System.ServiceModel 3.0 source:
The exception message is: Security settings for this service require Windows Authentication but it is not enabled for the IIS application that hosts this service.

All of the documentation for this error seems to indicate that I need to DISable the anonymous access.  All of my websites in IIS have Integrated Windows authentication enabled.

Any help?

Thanks!
StacyThomasAsked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Andrei TeodorescuBusiness OwnerCommented:
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
StacyThomasAuthor Commented:
Thanks SO much!  That thread did the trick: I created a new App Pool named VSeWSS using the defaults.  Then I uninstalled and reinstalled 1.3, changed the VSeWSS App Pool identity to one with Administrator rights, and presto!

Perfect!
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Microsoft Development

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.