dealing with dates in VBA (MSAccess) not being saved in a table
Posted on 2009-07-07
I have the following problem
1. I have a Date variable on a UK english date are dd/mm/yyyy.
2. I write this date to a text file - my .ini file.
3. the date would look like this "17/11/2008"
4. Then I change my box to German with German dates dd.mm.yyyyy
5. I have a date variable
6. I read from my ini "17/11/2008"
7. try to pass it into the date variable it will not accept it.
the problem gets worse as I could have a US date or a Japanese date as well. So how should I do this?
Is the only way to change my date variable to a string and then save it in "MYformat" then when getting it again take my format and turn it into a date.