To start, let me tell you our setup:
1.) Physical Server - DC - Windows Server 2008 Standard SP1 running Hyper V and only one virtual machine.
- Hyper V is configured to use the same NIC as the physical box.
- 8GB of RAM in the physical machine, 4GB allocated to virtual machine
- 2 Dual Core Xeon 2.66Ghz 64bit
2.) Virtual Server - Exchange - Windows Server 2003 Standard
- Using same NIC as the physical machine
- Exchange 2003 Standard
- Configured to use up to 100% of all the CPU's
There are two issues that I believe are related:
1.) From the VM, when I ping itself, or anything else, I can get normal ping times but typically I can get >10,000ms ping times. The odd part is, when I get super high pings, the results appear instantly instead of taking a super long time like it should.
2.) The hard drive write queue is averaging 42 and maxing out at 402 using performance monitor. This is only happening on the VM and not on the physical machine.
Memory, hard drive, NIC and CPU usage are all at low levels and doesn't appear to be an issue.
Let me know what you guys think?