Is there a Microsoft recommended choice of Data Access Layer (DAL) for use with WPF? If not, what options are available and what are the features/advantages/disadv
antages of each approach?
The options seem to be:
1. Using Entity Framework with WPF
- This supports PropertyChanged and PropertyChanging events
- This does not use a POCO model by default
- To use a POCO model the following framework is provided http://www.pnpguidance.net/Post/EntityFrameworkPOCOPersistanceIgnoranceAdapterEFPocoAdapter.aspx
2. Using Linq objects
- These do not support PropertyChanged and PropertyChanging events by default
- Some templates are available in the community to support these events
3. Other DALs such as SubSonic, CSLA.NET, Sculpture .NET etc
- These support PropertyChanged and PropertyChanging events
4. Reflection Emit of data access objects
Note: there may be a requirement to support Silverlight.