ActiveSync error 0x85010014 with Exchange

I am running Windows Server 2003 Exchange 2003. I cant sync my mobile devices using activesync. I get error 0x85010014. I can access OMA thru the devices and it is working fine. I have went thru every post and article on the internet trying to fix this one!
I removed all the VD's and reconfigured everything, i did the forms based auth article.
I am not using any ssl right now (I will setup later) to remove that factor from the equation. Any help on this would be great cuz i am at the end of my rope at this point.
m_burnettAsked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

SaakarSenior Technical ConsultantCommented:
Check with KB817379, we need to apply this KB for either if FBA is enabled or SSL is used.
Hopefully this should work.
0
NpatangCommented:
If you are not using any SSL then try checking the Authentication on the Virtual directory.

Open IIS
Exchange Virtual directory > make sure we have Integrated Auth and Basic Auth.
On Activesync VDIR we should have Basic Auth.
Also make sure that no ipaddress should be in the deined list.
0
MrLonandBCommented:
Do you have forms based authenitcation enabled?

I had the same issue as you a couple months back and wound-up following the steps in the below article and get it resolved.

http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/networking/?p=408
0
Determine the Perfect Price for Your IT Services

Do you wonder if your IT business is truly profitable or if you should raise your prices? Learn how to calculate your overhead burden with our free interactive tool and use it to determine the right price for your IT services. Download your free eBook now!

MrLonandBCommented:
Of course, now looking over it -- that may be the same article as saakar posted.
0
m_burnettAuthor Commented:
I already applied KB817379. This didnt work for me.
also these are the setting I have applied.
0
NpatangCommented:
make usre that on Default web site we don't have any Ipaddress or Host Address mentioned. Also make sure that on Default we site HTTP KEEP ALIVE is selected
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
m_burnettAuthor Commented:
I also went thru the steps in that article...No results. i didnt get the 500 error though. And OMA works
0
m_burnettAuthor Commented:
Awesome!! Thanks so much
0
SaakarSenior Technical ConsultantCommented:
1. Is your Default Web Site listening on a particular IP > Yes, check with the NIC binding order and make sure that the IP is the same as you Default Web Site is on Top
2. Are you using File Access Manager > Yes,
a. Open REGEDIT.exe
b. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
c. Look for FAMv4 under the Services Key.
d. Set the "Startup" value to 4 so that it disables the FAMv4 service.
e. Open a cmd prompt.
f. Type NET STOP FAMV4. This stops the FAMv4 service.
3. Try restarting IIS ADMIN and SA Services, after reapplying KB 817379

0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Windows OS

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.