Some basic questions on Webservice (J2EE, JAX-RPC)
I am totally new to webservice.
I have some basic questions related to this:
- What is a webservice? Is it a webapplication or can it be a desktop application too?
- When it says that webservice uses SOAP with attachment (SWA)..what does it mean? what does it involve?
- What is WSDL?
We need to build an application which will do the following:
- Put an XML file on the remote server by invoking the web service.
- Remote computer send a PDF file to an email address and issues a token number to us.
- What tools (softwares) will be needed to build such an application?
- Can such application be built as a desktop application?
- How easy or difficult it is to build such an applicaiton in terms of timelines?