Solved

Delphi 2009 & Indy 10 email attachments

Posted on 2009-07-09
13
2,512 Views
Last Modified: 2012-05-07
I am upgrading from Delphi 7 with Indy 9 to Delphi 2009 and Indy 10.

I get Indy to attach a document to a email but the recipient receives a email with the attachment names ATT????.Dat although I attached a PDF file. If the recipient save's this as a PDF file it is the correct file.

How can I get Indy to send the correct attachment name.
MSG.Clear;
        if tbEmPendAttachment.Value <> '' then
        begin
          l_attachment := MailDir + '\' + tbEmPendAttachment.Value;
          TIdAttachmentFile.Create(Msg.MessageParts,l_attachment);
        end;
        if tbEmPendAttachment2.Value <> '' then
        begin
          MailFile := TIdAttachmentFile.Create(Msg.MessageParts,
          tbEmPendAttachment2.Value);
          MailFile.DisplayName := Msg.Subject;
        end;
        MSG.From.Text := Trim(tbEmPendFrom.Value);
        MSG.ReplyTo.EMailAddresses := Trim(tbEmPendFrom.Value);
        MSG.Recipients.EMailAddresses := trim(tbEMPendTo.Value);
        MSG.Subject := tbEmPendSubject.Value;
        MSG.ReceiptRecipient.Text := tbEmPendFrom.Value;
        l_body := TStringList.Create;
        l_body.Text := tbEmPendNote.Value;
        MSG.Body.Assign(l_body);
        l_body.Free;
        SMTP.Send(Msg);

Open in new window

0
Comment
Question by:gerhard9121
  • 7
  • 5
13 Comments
 
LVL 14

Expert Comment

by:SteveBay
ID: 24812782
I had to solve the same issue but I don't remember exactly how I did it. I think it had something to do with AttachmentEncoding.

Try adding this line some where prior to making your attachment.
MSG.AttachmentEncoding  := 'MIME';
0
 

Author Comment

by:gerhard9121
ID: 24813050
Tried adding MSG.AttachmentEncoding  := 'MIME' but it still attaches a ATT?????.Dat
0
 
LVL 14

Expert Comment

by:SteveBay
ID: 24813206
Well it did take a fair amount of trial and error on my part to figure it out.
Also may need to add:
MSG.Encoding := meMIME;
0
Industry Leaders: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

 

Author Comment

by:gerhard9121
ID: 24813371
MSG.Encoding := meMIME;

This makes no difference. Any other suggestion please
0
 
LVL 14

Expert Comment

by:SteveBay
ID: 24813492
Have you tried setting:
MailFile.Filename := tbEmPendAttachment2.Value;
0
 

Author Comment

by:gerhard9121
ID: 24813945
I have changed my code but no luck so far
    l_attachment := MailDir + '\' + tbEmPendAttachment.Value;
    MailFile := TIdAttachmentFile.Create(Msg.MessageParts,l_attachment);
    MSG.Encoding := meMime;
    Mailfile.FileName := tbEmPendAttachment.Value;

Open in new window

0
 
LVL 14

Expert Comment

by:SteveBay
ID: 24814001
Sorry, I know I have gone through this same stuff but I cannot remember exactly what solved it for me. If I stumble accross it I will post.
0
 

Author Comment

by:gerhard9121
ID: 24814055
Thanks for your help sofar. I have been battling with this for a couple of days and require a solution urgently
0
 

Author Comment

by:gerhard9121
ID: 24868889
The problem is with the version of Indy10 distributed with Delphi 2009. I downloaded the latest Indy after deleting all older indy file and recompiled Indy. Everything went well but cant load the dclIndyProtocols package. According to Indy it is because I still have old Indy files but I have checked this and still think it is an error in their source code.
0
 
LVL 14

Expert Comment

by:SteveBay
ID: 24869053
When you say "can't load dclIndyProtocols package" - what happens, an error?
When that happens it's usually a problem with the library path
0
 

Author Comment

by:gerhard9121
ID: 24876286
I receive the following errro:

'The procdure entry point @Idheadercoderindy@anitialization&qqrv could not be located in the dynamik link library IndyProtocals120.bplgerhardodendaal
 
0
 
LVL 22

Accepted Solution

by:
Mohammed Nasman earned 500 total points
ID: 25004641
Have you tried the fix here? :
http://blog.digivendo.com/2008/10/fix-indy-mail-attachments-filenames-lost-in-d2009/

also the error you got seems by old version of indy, try to delete indy, and all indy *.bpl from delphi lib and windows system32 folder, then try to install the newer one
0
 

Author Comment

by:gerhard9121
ID: 25011246
As I previously stated the problem was in teh version of Indy distributed with Delph 2009. I loaded the latest version of Indy but could not get the components to load. I bypassed this problem by creating them at runtime.
0

Featured Post

Free Tool: IP Lookup

Get more info about an IP address or domain name, such as organization, abuse contacts and geolocation.

One of a set of tools we are providing to everyone as a way of saying thank you for being a part of the community.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Suggested Solutions

A lot of questions regard threads in Delphi.   One of the more specific questions is how to show progress of the thread.   Updating a progressbar from inside a thread is a mistake. A solution to this would be to send a synchronized message to the…
Objective: - This article will help user in how to convert their numeric value become words. How to use 1. You can copy this code in your Unit as function 2. than you can perform your function by type this code The Code   (CODE) The Im…
The Email Laundry PDF encryption service allows companies to send confidential encrypted  emails to anybody. The PDF document can also contain attachments that are embedded in the encrypted PDF. The password is randomly generated by The Email Laundr…

749 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question