Cannot exmerge a .pst from domain A into domain B. Error configuring message service (MSPST MS) (MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERROR) (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile)
Posted on 2009-07-09
I have created a .pst in a Vmware domain (domain A) through the normal way in outlook (i.e to create the .pst I did NOT use Exmerge).
I then copied the .pst onto a folder on our work Exhange server (domain B). There is a user with the same name created on domain B, the user is called manager1 and the .pst is called manager1.pst, it was also originally created with this name.
However when I try and import the .pst using exmerge into the manager1 mailbox I get the following error: Error configuring message service (MSPST MS) (MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERROR) (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile)
I can confirm:
* I have used exmerge successfully on domain B using the same logon account.
* I have been able to, by using exmerge, to download mailboxes into .pst's and then rename and import them into other users mailboxes on domain B.
* I can link this .pst into my own outlook profile so it cannot be corrupt.
So I think my question's are:
1) Can you import a .pst created in one domain into a different domain by using exmerge?
2) Can you import a .pst created in outlook into another mailbox by using exmerge?
I am running Exchange 2003 Ent.