This is my setup:
- internet to modem known as 10.1.1.1
- modem to Astaro Security Gateway PC on NIC known as 10.1.1.2 (external)
- the internal side NIC of the ASG is 10.1.1.3
- my wireless DLink router is working as a switch and is plugged into the ASG and is known as 10.1.1.4
- my SBS 2008 server is 10.1.1.5 and is also the DHCP server
The ASG DNS forwarders are specified as my two ISP DNS servers followed my by SBS box - is that right?
But my question for now is: how do I access my modem (10.1.1.1) from my laptop for config purposes? Is the a packet filter rule I can write, or do I actually have to plug it into the modem?