Gatekeeper and Net Meeting
Posted on 2009-07-13
Engineering users have a need to allow net meeting connections in bound to one computer on the network for demonstrating software installed on it, this is ok - however I do not wish to open permanently the net meeting ports and would prefer to use a H.323 proxy in the DMZ to simplify authentication / management and improve security.
Net meeting is a strict requirement of the software being used on this computer and cannot be substituted, unfortunately. I am however recommending software called Team Viewer instead which is currently going through testing.
I need help in the following areas:
1. A network diagram of a H.323 configuration
2. Where H.323 hardware can be purchased from?
3. What is reliable and trustworthy H.323 software?
4. What are the best practises for deploying H.323?
5. My research is telling me H.323 is not widely used anymore, with net meeting at least, your thoughts?
6. Does anyone have experience with net meeting remotely?