Borland ADO Components makes CPU run high

Hello Experts,

I have a strange situation that I'm hoping you can help with.
I have a application that used to work well and the problem did not exsist untill recently.

I have a borland project that uses the ADO components ie TADOQuery, TADOTable. If I open the project in borland builder 10 and i do not have of the pages that containes a ADO component open, then my CPU Usage is 00 and bounces up a little which is correct, but as soon as i open a form or unit which contains a ADO component then the cpu jumps to 99 percent.

I have been able to pin point it to the ADO Compont because if i delete the component then problem does not occure. I have tryed many things before this post, and all have failed. I have droped all connections to the DB, i have copied the components on the form and pasted it on a new form and still it occures, i have deleted the component and added a new one and changed the propetries and yet it still occures.

Thank you in advance,

Regards
WalterRautenbachAsked:
Who is Participating?
I wear a lot of hats...

"The solutions and answers provided on Experts Exchange have been extremely helpful to me over the last few years. I wear a lot of hats - Developer, Database Administrator, Help Desk, etc., so I know a lot of things but not a lot about one thing. Experts Exchange gives me answers from people who do know a lot about one thing, in a easy to use platform." -Todd S.

Morris_SzyslakCommented:
Does it occur in both, debug and release mode?
Do you link with runtime libs/packages?
Is it the same with a new application? If not, then there may be a conflict with defines of other includes.
0

Experts Exchange Solution brought to you by

Your issues matter to us.

Facing a tech roadblock? Get the help and guidance you need from experienced professionals who care. Ask your question anytime, anywhere, with no hassle.

Start your 7-day free trial
WalterRautenbachAuthor Commented:
Hi Morris,

I actually solved the propblem myself by linking the RTL, it then worked. I then tested to see if it was to happen again so i removed the RTL and it still worked. So i cant get to the bottom of it all but seen that you were on the right road i will award you the points, thanks!!
0
It's more than this solution.Get answers and train to solve all your tech problems - anytime, anywhere.Try it for free Edge Out The Competitionfor your dream job with proven skills and certifications.Get started today Stand Outas the employee with proven skills.Start learning today for free Move Your Career Forwardwith certification training in the latest technologies.Start your trial today
Delphi

From novice to tech pro — start learning today.