We have a problem since we updated our BrightStor ArcServce to Build 3200. (Installed Service Pack 2, because the agent wasn't installing Exchange Brick Level properly, but that's a different story --> working again).
We use HP StorageWorks D2D Backup System via Microsoft iSCSI initiator. The connection seems to work without problems. I can erase, format media without problems. I can it on the webinterface, that the tapes get mounted. Strange part follows now:
Firstly I have a full normal backup job. When I start the job, it tells me to insert the media in the "FULL-SAFE" group. I defined that group with just one slot of the library. I get following message:
W3831 14.07.2009 17:39:39 1306 Unable to find any media that can be used in this job.
If I use ths scan utitly from brightstor to scan the same slot, it works and the tape gets mounted properly.
If I then start the same job as above, the backup stars and everything works normally. Why doesn't the job find the correct slot by himself?!
The same problem we have with GFS rotation. Just here the problem gets worse.
I can even mount the media requested in the job (See screenshot: "please mount media.jpg") and screenshot("mounted media.jpg"), but the recurrent message then tells me to mount the right media, although everything is in place. My Media Pool has the tape in the Save Set where the data should be appended to AND I also have a blank tape in the scratch set (in case the first one gets full).
If I remount the Slots in the Device-Settings I get updated Info from my D2D-System. (see screenshot "updating slots while mounting.jpg".
I don't get it, why brightstor cannot find the correct media, although it is mounted obviously.
I tried reconfiguring the device using the Device Wizard, which didn't help.
My GFS job definition you can find in the other screenshot.
This problem is really bugging me, I cannot figure out anything else to try and I don't seem to see where the problem lies (D2D, iSCSI or Brightstor, although I think it's brightstor cause of the fact that it worked until the updated).
Maybe you guys have another idea.