Dell Inspiron 1520 Motherboard issue?
Posted on 2009-07-14
I have been trying to fix a Dell Inspiron 1520, but it seems that this machine has a defect motherboard:
- frequently freezing, no error in event viewer or minidump
- sometimes when clicking via touchpad, the click keeps on repeating clicking endlessly
- sometimes the machine gives the warning sound (constant beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep)
- sometimes a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSD
- doesn't matter if machine was just started or has been running for eight hrs.
The rare minidumps (2 in 12 days) point to ntoskrnl.exe
Attempts to resolve so far:
All Dell Hardware Diagnosis tests have been completed successfully without error several times.
New drivers for touchpad etc installed (anyway, no sofware error was indicated).
Endless error checkings, sfc/scannow etc.
CPUCool shows max temp of 48
Fan is working well, sensor too (doesn't matter if machine was just started or has been running for eight hrs)
Ram has been tested, even exchanged
I am afraid that there is nothing else left than the mobo. Or?