IMAP access into SBS 2003 server
Posted on 2009-07-16
Im tearing my hair out here - hoping somebody can see something obvious that I've missed. I'll keep the shorts point.
- I need to access my SBS2003 server via IMAP.
- My server has two NICs - one configured with internal address, one with public address.
- IMAP is running on server because I can successfully telnet to port 143 on internal NIC, external NIC, and loopback.
- Cisco 827 is my firewall with port forwarding of 143 and 443 through to internal NIC on server.
- I have another box behind the Cisco firewall with public address and internal address on same NIC. I can telnet to 143 on internal address (of IMAP server), but not external address.
- I can VPN into the LAN and access the IMAP server on it's internal address - a given really.
This leads me to think that there is something about the firewall on the SBS2003 server preventing 143 traffic coming into the external NIC - would you agree. I have to get this sorted within the next few hours. What part of Windows SBS server do I look in to see what and where this block is - assuming my logic is right.
Any help is appreciated.