I have a client who's Firefox Browser keeps resetting to:
file:///C:/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/
He is running the most recent version of Firefox (3.5) on Windows XP
Here are the things that I already tried:
1. changed homepage in options-->this works the first time and then resets back to file:///etc..after restart
2. uninstalled and reinstalled --> did not work
3. changed homepage to blank -->did not work
4. started in Firefox in safe mode (start-->run--> firefox -safe-mode) --> this works
5. OK so i thought if safe mode works there's got to be some sort of add-on doing this, so I disabled every single add-on, plug-in, etc..-->did not work
6. I tried making changed to user.js and pref.js file as instructed on this webpage: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=538711&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
and this did not work.
7. I've ran virus scans and spyware scans and it came back clean.
Not sure what else to do from here. Any and all suggestions would help. Thanks!