Last night we successfully migrated to all users mailboxes and setting to our exchange 2007 and decommissioned exchange 2003, apparently while doing so we came across a small problem which was although overcome. The problem came right after migrating the last user mailbox, the OWA stopped working all of a sudden and while searching online I found out that it can happen and one has to uninstall the CAS and install them back to make it work. well, this is what I did and it worked everything out properly.
But now when I have publish our OWA on the internet i figured out that when I connect on the published address https://mail.xyz.com/exchange the username and password dialog box appears , when I enter the user and pass it doesn't accept. if I connect on the using https://xyz.com/owa i can see the owa login page and i can even login properly...
any clues on why is it happening