I have PHP applications that I'm converting from working with Foxpro databases (via ODBC connection) to MS SQL databases (via PHP's built in mssql functions).
While testing today, I ran into some very funny behavior. I'm not getting the data I expected at all. I finally got all the queries converted so that PHP didn't output any errors (from MS SQL) and when I output the query from PHP and paste it into the SQL Server 2005 Manager query window, the results are different.
I was thinking that maybe there was some sort of script that could take a Fox query and convert it to a MS SQL Server valid query, but I think it would be worth exploring why the data output has gone funny.
Just as a note, I had to upgrade the ntwdblib.dll file (using IIS 6) to even get it to connect to the SQL Server. Running MS SQL Server 2005 on a Windows Server 2008 OS. The web box has PHP 5.2.5 on it, running IIS 6 / Windows Server 2003. The version of ntwdblib.dll that I have is 2000.80.194.0 and was 2000.2.8.0. The old one wouldn't connect at all.
That's all I know to tell. Would love to be able to solve these weird issues.