I am in the process of launching Exchange 2007 in my company. We have Exchange 2003 and are in Native Mode. We have an Exchange 2003 OWA Server that routes fine to all the 2003 Exchange Serversbehind it (3 of them). I installed 3 new Exchange 2007 Servers and 1 New OWA CAS Server that points to the outside.
I can access one of my internal Exchange Server with the CAS role on it fine. However I cannot access the others 2. I get Event ID 41 on the OWA CAS Server as described below. The test email account in this message was created on a new Exchange 2007 Server through the console as recommened.
Event ID: 41
The Client Access server "https://BLANK.BLANK.com/owa
" attempted to proxy Outlook Web Access traffic for mailbox "/o=BLANK, Inc/ou=Exchange Administrative Group (FYDIBOHF23SPDLT)/cn=Recip
mail Account ". This failed because no Client Access server with an Outlook Web Access virtual directory configured for Kerberos authentication could be found in the Active Directory site of the mailbox. The simplest way to configure an Outlook Web Access virtual directory for Kerberos authentication is to set it to use Integrated Windows authentication by using the Set-OwaVirtualDirectory cmdlet in the Exchange Management Shell, or by using the Exchange Management Console. If you already have a Client Access server deployed in the target Active Directory site with an Outlook Web Access virtual directory configured for Kerberos authentication, the proxying Client Access server may not be finding that target Client Access server because it does not have an internalUrl parameter configured. You can configure the internalUrl parameter for the Outlook Web Access virtual directory on the Client Access server in the target Active Directory site by using the Set-OwaVirtualDirectory cmdlet.
In the web browser I get the error below.
Outlook Web Access is not available. If the problem continues, contact technical support for your organization and tell them the following: There is no Microsoft Exchange Client Access server that has the necessary configuration in the Active Directory site where the mailbox is stored.
I've been beating this to death for quite some time. I'm not an expert at IIS, but it seems that all roads have lead me to it.
I am using Exchange 2007 with SP1 on all 3 servers. I installed Rollup 9 on 1 of them to see if this would help out. The three 2007 Servers have CAS, Mail, and Hub. The internet facing OWA has CAS.
Any assistance would be apprciatted, as I am at wits end. LOL...