Exchange 2003 (SBS) problems syncing with iPhone

Formatsrl
Formatsrl used Ask the Experts™
on
Hi everyone,
i am experiencing a very weird problem. Months ago an SBS server has been configured with 2 iphones 3GS to use the new exchange sync feature of the iphone and for months it all worked fine. Suddenly now, every day the iphones stop syncing with the exchange server and the only way seems to reboot the exchange server to have them sync again; i checked and both OWA and OMA sites respond from the outside and they work normally. Resetting the iphones seems to do no good.

I checked the event log and i didn't find any useful information, nothing strange seems to happen there, i even check the IIS logs, which are a little more cryptic, but i just see that iphones connect to it but at some point they don't appear in the logs anymore.

Restarting IIS doesn't seem to fix the problem as well.

At first i check using Google to find out that iphones seems to have many problems syncing with exchange so i blamed the device at first but the problems on the iphones happen simultaneously and they both work again once the server is restarted, so the problems seems to be on the server side.

People, please help me because this thing is driving me nuts!
Comment
Watch Question

Do more with

Expert Office
EXPERT OFFICE® is a registered trademark of EXPERTS EXCHANGE®
have you just trie restarting information store service.

i think you  might need to implement this try this
add the follwing key:

Key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MasSync\Parameters
Value: MaxAllocationIncrement
Type: REG_DWORD
Data: Start with a 4 KB increment and double with every increment until the maximum allowed increment value is reached.
For example, the data can be 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, and so on.

keep increasing the value to 4, 8, 16, 32, 64 and see the result with every value which ever works keep the same value

after changing value each time resatrt information store and IIS service

Author

Commented:
Turns out that the procedure mitigates the problem, but even if it does not solve it completely at least the problem takes more days to show up again.

I'm still trying to find the correct value for me but with 256 it didn't happen for 2 weeks when it would happen almost every day before applying the steps described in the solution.

Do more with

Expert Office
Submit tech questions to Ask the Experts™ at any time to receive solutions, advice, and new ideas from leading industry professionals.

Start 7-Day Free Trial