Bought winroute firewall from kerio.com . Have it setup and running. Everything works except email.
Clients who use outlook cannot send mail but can recieve. The email remains stuck in their outbox.
i have checked the following :
1. My rules on the firewall allow smtp/pop connection thru port 110 and 25 . I am able to telnet to mailserver.com:25 ad 110
2. I created a allow any traffic out rule. same problem
3. checked software on client machine. uninstalled av and disabled windows firewall. still cannot send
4. tried alternate ports from web.com ( my mail hosts ) 587 for sending mails.. still no go mail stuck in outbox.
5. tried thunderbird . mail works perfectly. can send and recieve.
6. re checked ports on client outlook and firewall everythign seems ok .
7. tried outlook 2003 .. same issue mail stuck in outbox. i can still telnet to port 110 25 and 587 no probs. server answers
9. tried all of the amove on another pc .. still no email leave outbox.
8. i disabled the firewall and mail left the outbox instantly.
from what i can see it looks like outlook ... but why ? i 'm lost ! all the clients cannot send email ...
Any suggestions would be great !