I have a very strange and yet unsolvable trouble with a Dell WindowsXP computer.
I had big trouble with the NIC, that i finally managed to solve. Now, the computer is ok, all services up & running, including DNS client.... but when i try to reach a website, i got an error, cannot connect. When i try to ping, google for instance, no answer. But when i ping one the the ips of google, it works! Also when i type that IP in browser, it works well. Even windows update works well!
i tried :
-Winsockfix / Winlsp
-upgrading/removing/changing the NIC
-Host is clean
-No malware/virus found
-Dns client is up
When i do a tracert or a ping -a, it does not show any name resolution
In IE8, when running the connexion diag, it says there is an error with winsock, but when i try to reset the interface or catalog, it does'nt change a thing...