I have two Cisco ASA 5505's connected using a VPN. The only other use of the device is to connect to websites if I need to download a file . The firewalls and connection is dedication for offsite backup. I would like to know how to secure the device using either the CLI or ASDM. I tried various documents from Cisco and even tried their 1230 page manual linked below, but it is a little over my head. I need some good step by step documents with PICTURES.
I'd like to try this myself. Who can point me into the right direction to do the following:
1) Change passwords ( I can't change the enable password. The enable secret password was changed successfully.)
2) Disable remote management access
3) Disable access via unsecure telnet and force ssh
4) How to configure the firewall to only allow outgoing http and incoming/outgoing traffic on the VPN
5) And other basic settings.
This is very simple stuff and i'm just expecting some good resources to be given. My terminology is very wrong so it has been difficult for me.
Thanks for your time.