I have an issue with Window 7 and joining a Homegroup.
Home Setup -
- Desktop Computer - wired connection via
- Laptop Computer - wireless connection
Network Routers and Connection:
- Belkin - F5D9631uk4A (Wireless Modem Router)
- Devolo - dLan Ehernet - High Speed 85 (Powered Lan)
I am experiencing a similar issue to what is documented in the link below - that is:
- I see the Homegroup created by my Desktop computer
- When I try to connect to it, I get the message "must have IPv6 enabled"
I have IPv6 enabled on both computers, however I have since contacted Belkin and found out that my router does not have IPv6. In fact.... they went further to explain that "NO Belkin Network product has IPv6". And my guess is my dLan does not support it either..
So, my question is this... for me to use the Homegroup Functionality - do I need to upgrade my Router and dLan??? Surely not....
Also if that is the case... how can I find out if a Router Supports IPv6 or not. This information is not on the box!