I recently switched to Google Apps and everything is running great on both the new iphones and our Outlook. The only problem I am having is with their instructions for the GAL. Kind of a mess as no one can get to each calendars yet.
The instructions from Google Apps are pretty straight forward until you get to the instruction for entering the new string.
Create a new registry key
1. Create the following Windows registry key on each user's computer to point to the domain folder (either on the file share or on each user's computer): HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Google\Google Apps Sync\GAL\< your domain>
2. Right-click < your domain>, then click New > String value.
3. Enter Folder for the value name, then press Enter.
4. Right-click Folder, then click Modify.
5. Under Value data, enter either: \\<file share>\<path to shared domain folder> or <drive>\<path to local domain folder>
For example: \\file share\domain folder or C:\domain folder
I have placed the "folder" acinjurylaw on our public folder on our data storage server named Storage-5QC1dd1. The Public folder is on the E:/ drive under a folder named Public.
Not sure how to enter registry strings, so I am having great difficulty getting this to link up with my global address book in Outlook. From what I can tell, this entry will be made on each computer in our office to point to this folder.