We are currently having a problem getting a specific user's mailbox moved from one server to another. This particular user's mailbox came from another domain.
Here's the details of our setup:
1. Server 2000 Domain (in Mixed mode, I believe)
2. Exchange 2000 Enterprise
3. One parent domain (company.com)
4. Two child domains (us.company.com, and ca.company.com)
This particular user came from the child domain ca.company.com, and was migrated to the us.company.com in this fashion:
1. Logged into the ca.company.com Exchange server with parent domain credentials
2. Moved mailbox from ca.company.com exchange server to an exchange server that is part of us.company.com
3. From Exchange server in ca.company.com, removed Exchange Attributes from his ca.company.com account
4. Created account on us.company.com
5. Connected his mailbox (now residing on the us.company.com server) to his new us.company.com user account
This all worked fine, and he can send and receive e-mail OK. No problems as far as the user is concerned.
We are now doing some work to consolidate into a single exchange server (as we have too many that are too old) and we are running into problems moving his mailbox in particular, others move fine.
When we find his account under Active Directory, and choose Exchange Tasks, Move Mailbox, it shows where his mailbox currently resides, but does not give us the option to select the new server and mailbox store. They are just greyed out.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.