Hey you db experts,
I'm working on a desktop software product that needs a back end db with all the good stuff, like:
* easy to embed
* invisible installation with "host" software
* small footprint
* SQL compliance
* zero or low cost
* can be hit by multiple users on a network
* no db admin/mtce required for regular usage
* easy backup ( ...KISS...as in copying the database file...)
* ideally, no constraint on database size
So far, we've ruled out MS Express and Compact editions...and we're narrowing down the field.
Any insight from your experiences ( good or bad ) would be helpful...