x
?
Solved

The easiest way to add local printer to t5135

Posted on 2009-12-16
Medium Priority
?
Last Modified: 2013-12-15
I have some HP T5135's and HP T5145's.  These thin clients run HP's HP Thin Connect OS.  I need to connect a local printer to one or more of them.  What is my easiest possible solution? Has anyone got local printing working on these?  This thread scares me a bit:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/System_Utilities/Remote_Access/Citrix/Q_23378443.html
Comment
Question by:elanops
5 Comments

LVL 41

Expert Comment

by:noci
ID: 26071269
Do you realy need to hang them off of a work station, it cannot be a network connected printer?

LVL 1

Author Comment

by:elanops
ID: 26072920
Yes.  Any operator could be working on any of those stations at any given time.  Each station must only be able to use 1 printer.  

LVL 41

Expert Comment

by:noci
ID: 26073292
you can install n stations & n printers on a network with 2 n  network ports.
You would need some tooling (possibly group policies in windows) to know which default printer should be connected as default printer with which station.
Using this setup you would be able to redirect to a different printer when a printer gets out of order.

LVL 1

Author Comment

by:elanops
ID: 26073692
I had no idea I was able to direct which printer when to which thin client.  Are there any tutorials on how to do this?

LVL 41

Accepted Solution

by:
noci earned 2000 total points
ID: 26074585
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Networking/Windows_Networking/NT/Q_21261512.html
Obviously you can expand on that job by comparing computers & tables.

or this article:
http://windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/96369/use-2-tools-to-assign-printers-in-just-2-steps.html

In your case you might need to find out the workstation a session is connected with.
Now i am a VMS & Linux systems manager so i don't exactly known how to get that information on windows.

Featured Post

NFR key for Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365

Veeam is happy to provide a free NFR license (for 1 year, up to 10 users). This license allows for the non‑production use of Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 in your home lab without any feature limitations.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 Citrix Policies Graphics
Often times it's very very easy to extend a volume on a Linux instance in AWS, but impossible to shrink it. I wanted to contribute to the experts-exchange community a way of providing a procedure that works on an AWS instance. It can also be used on…
This demo shows you how to set up the containerized NetScaler CPX with NetScaler Management and Analytics System in a non-routable Mesos/Marathon environment for use with Micro-Services applications.
Please read the paragraph below before following the instructions in the video — there are important caveats in the paragraph that I did not mention in the video. If your PaperPort 12 or PaperPort 14 is failing to start, or crashing, or hanging, …
Suggested Courses

873 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question