• Status: Solved
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 535
  • Last Modified:

Permissions Reports in SharePoint - STSADM.EXE issues

I have done a lot of searching on your site, and other sites, and have received some good information but now I am stuck.

My environment is SharePoint Services 3.0 SP 1 on Windows Server 2008 SP2 64-bit and I have MS SQL Server Standard 2007 installed on a separate 2008 SP2 server.  So far everything is working well.

I installed the latest version of the SharePoint Administration Tool Kit on both servers in the farm, just in case.

I am trying to enable Permission Reporting on the main SharePoint server.  I am trying to run the following command to add the feature, and continue to get Command Line Error.  

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\BIN>stsa
dm.exe -o addsolution -filename "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\SPAdministrationTool
kit\PermissionReportingSolution\PermissionReporting.wsp"

I have confirmed the Path's are correct.

I am logged into the server as the Domain Admin who is a local admin on both servers in the farm and belongs to the appropriate groups in SQL.

Thanks for any ideas.
0
mheinz5
Asked:
mheinz5
  • 2
  • 2
1 Solution
 
amolghanwatCommented:
You need to have atleast SharePoint at Service Pack 2 level in order to make it function properly.
0
 
mheinz5Author Commented:
I apologize I miss spoke, I am running SharePoint Services 3.0 SP2

I have no idea how those links relate to this problem.  SharePoint and SQL are on new OSs, no upgrades took place on the OS
0
 
StevenMulkerrinsCommented:
Are you getting any messages back from stsadm, or is it just scrolling up the list of operations?
If you go to central admin and go to the solutions page on the operations tab does it list the solution there?
Are you running stsadm using an account with farm administrator rights?

One funny issue I've found with stsadm is that sometimes it won't run commands which have been copy&pasted, so if you are using copy&paste to get the command into your prompt then try typing it in fully and see if that works.

0
 
mheinz5Author Commented:
Thank you so much, that was exactly what I needed.  It was the copy and paste that was causing the issue!
0

Featured Post

Get your Disaster Recovery as a Service basics

Disaster Recovery as a Service is one go-to solution that revolutionizes DR planning. Implementing DRaaS could be an efficient process, easily accessible to non-DR experts. Learn about monitoring, testing, executing failovers and failbacks to ensure a "healthy" DR environment.

  • 2
  • 2
Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now