Hoping someone can help me test OF 2.3 and vsphere iscsi connection. Steps are below:
1. Installed Vmware Workstation 7 and in that created 3 VM
a) Vmware Sphere
b) Win Xp SP2 and installed VC
c) Openfiler 2.3
1. Installed OF 2.3 as a vm on VM WK7.
2. configured iScsi on OF and was able to map the lun.
3. On a Vsphere, using VI client Im trying to connect to the iScsi target.
a. On Vsphere host I created a iscsi connection using vmkernel on a same port of vsphere host management network(as I am using for test)
b. My ip address for the iscsi connection is in the same subnet as my OF vm.
c. On the iSCSI Software Adapter (vmhba33) of vsphere host, Ive enabled and configured the iScsi initiator
d. On OF, the IP of the step(a) is allowed access to the target.
Ip AdD(Service Console): 192.168.143.2
Ip Add: 192.168.143.3
Ip Add: 192.168.143.5
1. No luns appear after scan job. What happen? what have I missed?
Note: I have made some changes as per some of the recomendations
1) Enabled Promiscous Mode for both Vmkernel and Vswith as I installed Vsphere & OF in VM.
2) made sure to provide Network 192.168.143.0 & 255.255.255.255.
3) Able to vmkping from Vsphere host to vmkernel Ip & OF IP
4) Edited the /etc/initiators.deny with the below entry
iqn.---- 192.168.143.0 ALL