I'm looking for the easiest way to restore my SQL farm from one server to another. Right now, I have a DR SQL box running. We're testing DR scenarios and right now this is our method:
- locate automoated backups of all our production databases
- restore masterdb using safe mode command prompts
- restore other sys databases over the old ones
- restore all other databases over old ones
a couple of probs I have with this method:
- it's time consuming
- for new databases that have been created we get the orphaned users record which we then have to fix.
these aren't deal breakers, but I'm wondering if there's a way that this could be script. Does anyone have any examples of best practices put into place?