hello All -
i have a strange question re: backup exec. Here is the situation:
1. I have a dell powervault TL2000 with dual magazines and 2 lto-4 drives. (Autoloader)
2. I have a quarterly backup job that requires 5 Tapes (totaling just over 5.0TB's)
3. I have daily backups that span 2 jobs backing up about 3.0TB's a night (over 2 drives). (So 2 separate jobs and 2 separate drives)
Is there anyway that i can configure the library to use both drives simultaneously for each job ? So what i want is for one job to span 2 drives and use them in tandem, while the autoloader loads tapes from there respective slots ?
I dont want to use drive pools, because i don't want to use one tape then goto the next tape. There are 2 reasons i want to do this and they are:
1. I want to make my 5.0TB job go faster
2. I want to consolidate my existing 15 backup jobs (10 daily (different selections lists) and 5 (Weekly/Bi-weekly) into one list.
I know the above is confusing... But any ideas?