postini spam saturating my t1

Posted on 2009-12-18
Last Modified: 2012-05-08
I am using postini as my spam/virus vendor, my MX record points to them first than scan for spam/virus than deliver to my exchange 2003 server. I only allow a range of postini network to talk to my mail server. My firewall is Juniper SSG5. After doing some investigation, I find that my mail policy from postini to my exchange server is consuming most of my T1. I also experiment that when I disable this policy I get my T1 back. I spoke to my postini reseller and they said there is nothing they can do.
I am checking this website to see if anyone ran into this problem and found a fix?

thanks in advance
Question by:officertango
    LVL 7

Assisted Solution

Start up wireshark and see what the traffic is.
    LVL 6

Accepted Solution

More info on using wireshark:
    Connect a system with wireshark installed to a monitor port on your internet back-bone switch or main switch for your office (use the switch's web interface to configure a port as a monitor port).
    Click Capture > Interfaces and select the correct NIC to capture data from
    Let it run for however long you want - 5-10 minutes will do. Find out which machine is hogging up your bandwidth by going to Statistics > Endpoint List > Ethernet - sort the list by Bytes greatest to smallest and your culprit is at the top of the list. If you have a PC using a lot more bandwidth than all of the others then it might be infected or you might need to look closer at the user.

Author Closing Comment

Featured Post

Are your corporate email signatures appalling?

Is it scary how unprofessional your email signatures look? Do users create their own terrible designs and give themselves stupid job titles? You can make this a lot easier for yourself by choosing an email signature management solution from Exclaimer today.

Join & Write a Comment

Easy CSR creation in Exchange 2007,2010 and 2013
    Disabling the Directory Sync Service Account in Office 365 will stop directory synchronization from working.
    The basic steps you have just learned will be implemented in this video. The basic steps are shown to configure an Exchange DAG in a live working Exchange Server Environment and manage the same (Exchange Server 2010 Software is used in a Windows Ser…
    This video discusses moving either the default database or any database to a new volume.

732 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question

Need Help in Real-Time?

Connect with top rated Experts

24 Experts available now in Live!

Get 1:1 Help Now