[Okta Webinar] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now

x
  • Priority: Medium
  • Security: Public
  • Views: 388
  • Last Modified:

postini spam saturating my t1

I am using postini as my spam/virus vendor, my MX record points to them first than scan for spam/virus than deliver to my exchange 2003 server. I only allow a range of postini network to talk to my mail server. My firewall is Juniper SSG5. After doing some investigation, I find that my mail policy from postini to my exchange server is consuming most of my T1. I also experiment that when I disable this policy I get my T1 back. I spoke to my postini reseller and they said there is nothing they can do.
I am checking this website to see if anyone ran into this problem and found a fix?

thanks in advance
officertango
Asked:
officertango
2 Solutions

BrianKronbergCommented:
Start up wireshark and see what the traffic is.

ob1_Commented:
More info on using wireshark:
Connect a system with wireshark installed to a monitor port on your internet back-bone switch or main switch for your office (use the switch's web interface to configure a port as a monitor port).
Click Capture > Interfaces and select the correct NIC to capture data from
Let it run for however long you want - 5-10 minutes will do. Find out which machine is hogging up your bandwidth by going to Statistics > Endpoint List > Ethernet - sort the list by Bytes greatest to smallest and your culprit is at the top of the list. If you have a PC using a lot more bandwidth than all of the others then it might be infected or you might need to look closer at the user.

officertangoAuthor Commented:
na

Featured Post

Configuration Guide and Best Practices

Read the guide to learn how to orchestrate Data ONTAP, create application-consistent backups and enable fast recovery from NetApp storage snapshots. Version 9.5 also contains performance and scalability enhancements to meet the needs of the largest enterprise environments.

Tackle projects and never again get stuck behind a technical roadblock.
Join Now