1. I want to get started on developing mobile sites and got a few related questions.
I'm really focused on being able to deliver optimized content, so i'm looking for a setup (framework/api whatever - php supported) where i'm able to differentiate whether someone is visiting the site from an smartphone or just a "regular" phone, and serve content thereafter.
I've found a service where you can subscribe and get access to their database/API of more than 5000 mobile phones. It seems pretty decent and can be found here: http://deviceatlas.com/
Do anyone know of similar services? What would you recommend?
2. Integrating SMS services. How does that work? I've been thinking of a few "normal and basic" scenarios where I could find use of pushing out SMS'es.
- A basic "invite your friend" - You enter your friends number, click send and an SMS is pushed out to that number with some defined text.
- A "classic" send KEYWORD to NUMBER (could be 1250 or something like that) and push out an SMS
- You could also imagine that we've collected a lot of numbers through subscriptions and want to push out an SMS to all of the subscribers
That's just to give an idea on what I possibly would want to do :) I'm especially struggling on the SMS part.