1) I have a Cisco Switch (Cisco Catalyst 2900 XL) (the hostname is "SW2")
2) I deleted the existing configuration by the following command:
3) After reloading, the existing configuration is gone; so i configure the hostname again as follows:
4) I still have a copy of the existing Configuration (existing-configuration.txt)
- I open the file
- Click "Select all" and click "Copy"
5) I go to the Switch again
-Right-click and select "paste to host"
- And i got the "wrong result" (Please see the attachment)
6)My question: i) What is the mistake here?, ii) I want to get back the existing configuration of the switch (including the VLAN's configuration); any help?
”The time we save is the biggest benefit of E-E to our team. What could take multiple guys 2 hours or more each to find is accessed in around 15 minutes on Experts Exchange.
-Mike Kapnisakis, Warner Bros
With your subscription - you'll gain access to our exclusive IT community of thousands of IT pros. You'll also be able to connect with highly specified Experts to get personalized solutions to your troubleshooting & research questions. It’s like crowd-sourced consulting.
We can't always guarantee that the perfect solution to your specific problem will be waiting for you. If you ask your own question - our Certified Experts will team up with you to help you get the answers you need.
Our certified Experts are CTOs, CISOs, and Technical Architects who answer questions, write articles, and produce videos on Experts Exchange. 99% of them have full time tech jobs - they volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.
We can't guarantee quick solutions - Experts Exchange isn't a help desk. We're a community of IT professionals committed to sharing knowledge. Our experts volunteer their time to help other people in the technology industry learn and succeed.