After deploying exchange 2007, we were having issues where outlook 2007 clients were getting certificate mismatch error when connecting to exhcange server. So following the mIcrosoft article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940726
I changed the internal url for the exchange components to externla url and created an appropriate entry in dns.
Now the issue is Outlook 2007 clients cannot connect to exchange 2007, the client seems to not be able to authenticate to the server, they get a login prompt to connect to "mail.contso.com"(as an example) and in the top portion of the windows it says connect to "server. domain.local".
Have any one come across this issue, I have tried researching this issue on internet but didn't find anythign that makes much sense.
Please and thanks