This one will be hard to explain but here we go.
I've got a VM running server 2003. It has major services problems.
1. About 80 to 90 percent of the "automatic" services fail to start. attempting to start them fails with a 1053 timely fashion error"
2. it has IP address, but when opening network connections, it is empty
3. I cannot unjoin it from the domain as it gives me the following "The identification of the computer cannot be changed becuase: Networking is not installed or is not properly configured"
4. I have unistalled the virtual NIC and reinstalled it.
5. looking at administrators group, the members are Administrator, and what should be Domain Admins, however it shows up as an orphan GUID? S-1-5-21......
6. unable to RDP
7. GPupdate /force fails with "Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (the system detected a possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you).
There's probably more...but my mind is melting after hours of troubleshooting...anyway, any help is appreciated