Sharepoint 2007 - strange search results
Posted on 2009-12-24
First what I did:
- Installed Sharepoint 2007 with SQL 2005 on a Windows 2003 R2 Server (standalone)
- Installed Service Pack 2 for 2007 Office Servers
- created 5 sites each for every department (with different rights)
- created 1 general Document Center for everyone.
- also installed Acrobat Reader 9.x and configured it for indexing .PDF files (confirmed working)
- joined the server to a domain
- copied some 3000+ files to the Document Center and "checked in" all documents
- did a full crawl
- enabled keyword stemming
- redid the full crawl
When I do a keyword search I do not get the expected files in the search result.
E.g. I have three files: Floorplan MER1 BIZA Versie Apr_2009.pdf,
Floorplan MER1 BIZA Versie Apr_2009.vsd and Floorplan MER1 BIZA Versie Apr_2009.rar
When I do a search on Mer1 1 get all 3 files from above and some other files, however when I search for "floorplan", non of the above files are returned and the results only have other keywords like, "floor" and "floorwalker".
I found out sone strange thing, when I am logged on locally on the server (local admin) and do a search for "floorplan", I do get results with only the keyword "floorplan".
When I do the same search on my computer but logged on to the Sharepoint with the server's local admin account, I still get result without the above files.
Rightnow I have mixed feelings putting our sharepoint server into production, because I am not confident all documents will be found when we do a search.
So could anyone tell me how I can fix this problem, so that the search results will at least show the 3 above files when I do a keyword search for "floorplan".