Want to protect your cyber security and still get fast solutions? Ask a secure question today.Go Premium

x
?
Solved

Error with my lenovo t500

Posted on 2009-12-29
Medium Priority
?
Last Modified: 2013-12-09
when i boot my computer it give me a post test error with noise and a writen error saying (0210:stuck key 4b) after i press esc it will go to windows and act like it is booting normal but myi try to logo on with my user name the computer is spelling my name backwords
Comment
Question by:jrsylvain
7 Comments

LVL 11

Expert Comment

by:xtreminator
ID: 26138098
which keyboard ur using..? ps/2 or USB

Author Comment

by:jrsylvain
ID: 26138850
it is a laptop

LVL 2

Expert Comment

by:kiran6014
ID: 26142788
Hi. Few editions of lenova laptop comes with multi language OS. if you select arabic by mistake, it is possible that it happens to reverse the name spells from right hand side.
To resolve this go to Control Panel-> clock, language, and region-> change display language.
make sure you have US keyboard layout selected, else change it. Let me know if it solve the issue.
Industry Leaders: We Want Your Opinion!

We value your feedback.

Take our survey and automatically be enter to win anyone of the following:
Yeti Cooler, Amazon eGift Card, and Movie eGift Card!

Author Comment

ID: 26144036
kiran6014: i cant access my computer to go to control panel to make thses changes remember the main post the error i have at the beging of my boot

LVL 26

Expert Comment

by:PCBONEZ
ID: 26144418
The full name of the 0210 error is: "Stuck Key, Keyboard Connection Error".
- Suggests: bad keyboard, loose or damaged keyboard cable, problem with keyboard IC chip.

Displaying typing backwards suggests: problem with keyboard IC chip.

Most of the time [not always] this IC chip is on the motherboard and that means a new motherboard is needed.
I have seen a few where the chip was mounted on the back side of the touch-pad.
I'm not familiar with Lenovo laptops though, so I can't say where it might be on yours.

LVL 26

Accepted Solution

by:
PCBONEZ earned 500 total points
ID: 26144429
You might try removing the keyboard and cable and using a desktop keyboard via USB or PS/2 ports.

Author Closing Comment

ID: 31671191
it work thank you

Featured Post

Eye-catchers on the conference table

Challenge: The i-unit group was not satisfied with the audio quality during remote meetings. They were looking for a portable solution with excellent audio quality for use in their conference room but also at their client’s offices.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

Introduction: When experiencing some peculiar problem with the functioning of your PC, how many times has it happened that you look for a solution and even google can’t help? It could be that you are one of the only few people on earth who ma…
If you are having problems installing printer drivers, or if documents repeatedly get stuck in the print queue even after re-installing the printer drivers, then follow these steps to solve the problems. Please note that the steps are shown both for…
Whether it be Exchange Server Crash Issues, Dirty Shutdown Errors or Failed to mount error, Stellar Phoenix Mailbox Exchange Recovery has always got your back. With the help of its easy to understand user interface and 3 simple steps recovery proced…
With just a little bit of  SQL and VBA, many doors open to cool things like synchronize a list box to display data relevant to other information on a form.  If you have never written code or looked at an SQL statement before, no problem! ...  give i…
Suggested Courses

577 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question