Error with my lenovo t500

Posted on 2009-12-29
Last Modified: 2013-12-09
when i boot my computer it give me a post test error with noise and a writen error saying (0210:stuck key 4b) after i press esc it will go to windows and act like it is booting normal but myi try to logo on with my user name the computer is spelling my name backwords
Question by:jrsylvain
    LVL 11

Expert Comment

which keyboard ur using..? ps/2 or USB

Author Comment

it is a laptop
    LVL 2

Expert Comment

Hi. Few editions of lenova laptop comes with multi language OS. if you select arabic by mistake, it is possible that it happens to reverse the name spells from right hand side.
    To resolve this go to Control Panel-> clock, language, and region-> change display language.
    make sure you have US keyboard layout selected, else change it. Let me know if it solve the issue.

Author Comment

kiran6014: i cant access my computer to go to control panel to make thses changes remember the main post the error i have at the beging of my boot
    LVL 26

Expert Comment

The full name of the 0210 error is: "Stuck Key, Keyboard Connection Error".
    - Suggests: bad keyboard, loose or damaged keyboard cable, problem with keyboard IC chip.

Displaying typing backwards suggests: problem with keyboard IC chip.

Most of the time [not always] this IC chip is on the motherboard and that means a new motherboard is needed.
    I have seen a few where the chip was mounted on the back side of the touch-pad.
    I'm not familiar with Lenovo laptops though, so I can't say where it might be on yours.

LVL 26

Accepted Solution

You might try removing the keyboard and cable and using a desktop keyboard via USB or PS/2 ports.

Author Closing Comment

it work thank you

Featured Post

How to run any project with ease

Manage projects of all sizes how you want. Great for personal to-do lists, project milestones, team priorities and launch plans.
    - Combine task lists, docs, spreadsheets, and chat in one
    - View and edit from mobile/offline
    - Cut down on emails

Join & Write a Comment

As you can read I recycle all my old hardware and the time has come that my power supply of 200 Watt cannot provide enough power for my backup server. I have lots of Compaq power supply's laying around, so I figured to use one of these PSU's. I t…
    More and more people are using the enhanced small form-factor pluggable (SFP+) tranceivers, and speed is of utmost importance. Testing of speeds are critical to ensure that the devices will meet the speed requirements. There are some testing challen…
    how to add IIS SMTP to handle application/Scanner relays into office 365.
    This video gives you a great overview about bandwidth monitoring with SNMP and WMI with our network monitoring solution PRTG Network Monitor ( If you're looking for how to monitor bandwidth using netflow or packet s…

754 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question

Need Help in Real-Time?

Connect with top rated Experts

22 Experts available now in Live!

Get 1:1 Help Now