i got this high level doc -- i am trying to understand timefinder , how does it work, how can it be used in my data warehouse env
A simple oracle backup scenario using BCVs would be something like.
0) demount the BCVs from alternate mount points (if so mounted)
1) resilver the BCVs
2) put the database in hot backup mode
3) switch logfile
4) quiesce database writing
5) split the BCVs
6) un-quiesce database writing
7) take the database out of hot backup mode
8) switch logfile
9) backup the control file to a named file -- not to trace , init.ora file, and password file (if used).
a) backup the archived redo logs.
b) mount the BCVs to alternate volume names or to a different server
c) backup the BCVs to tape or ...
what does resilvering mean?
what does quiesce database writing mean ? unquiesce database writing ??
does spliting BCV mean unmounting??
does anybody have any video or webcast regarding timefinder? any help is appreciated.