I have installed KnowledgeTree Document Management System - community edition- and want to use LDAP to our Active Directory so that I don't have to create new user IDs and passwords for our users.
This is the general infrastructure:
1. KnowledgeTree resides in our DMZ - I have opened port 389 on our firewall for inbound and outbound. The KnowledgeTree Server is NOT accessible from the web. Remote Users VPN in and access using an internet browser.
2. We do not have a certificate server or have an SSL certificate. ( I can install a Microsoft CA for this purpose if it is needed)
2. I created a subdomain in DNS to allow us to connect with a URL that is relevant to our domain name.
3. We have a single Active Directory domain on Server 2008 R2 with about 25-35 users depending on the number of sub-contractors we have at a single time.)
4. We do not use Exchange for email. ( mention this as its one of the LDAP search attributes in KnowledgeTree)
5. I created a user in AD sepfically to be used for the KnowledgeTree User searches.
When I input the LDAP syntax in KnowledgeTree . Authentication source properties as follows:
CN=Users, DC=domain, DC=local
I get the following error:
Net_LDAP_Error: Bind failed Can't contact LDAP server
How can I get this to work.