I am currently working on a special requirement pertaining to the WebSphere Deployment Manager (Dmgr).
I am being requested by my Client to come up with a model for Centralized Deployment manager.
The detailed reqmts are as follows:
1) The Dmgr(Most probably V7.0) will sit on a high configuration windows machine.
2) Based on requirements Nodes of version 6.0,6.1 and 7.0 will be federated to this Dmgr.
3) The Dmgr will not be used to manage the WebServers (The Web Servers are in DMZ)
4) The Dmgr should manage the federated Nodes irrespective of whether they are hosted on physical machine or VMWare
5) The Dmgr should manage the nodes hosted on Diff. OSes (Win,Solaris, AIX)
6) The env will be secured and Clustered
7) Different applications uses security Certificate with diff expiration periods (validity).
My Question is
How many of the above are theoretically/technically possible in WAS?
How to manage fix pakcs if the reqmts 2&5 above are possible
Whats the best possible approach/model to implement the above requirements.