[Okta Webinar] Learn how to a build a cloud-first strategyRegister Now


Restored Exchange 2003 Database won't mount - EventID 9518 & 9519

Posted on 2010-01-01
Medium Priority
Last Modified: 2012-05-08
Problems with old server, bringing a new server on-line with the same name, organization, etc as our old server.   Have a current backup from NTBackup of the exchange db, dismounted new server db, renamed db files and restored DB from old server.  Failed hard recovery of log files, so I ran useutil /p to repair db, verified integrity of DB which now shows clean shutdown with no log files req. DB still will not mount if though there doesn't seem to be any problems. Event Log shows 9518,9519,9175(MAPI provider failed). Not sure if the E2k3 service pack is at the same level, would this cause a problem?  Might still be able to bring up the old server to check possibly.
Question by:Webcc
  • 2
LVL 17

Expert Comment

ID: 26159624
All the log files have been restored too?

If so you need to force  the DB to get into  a consistent state with eseutil tool.  Otherwise you won't mount.  Do eseutil /cc <path to restore.env file>  

Author Comment

ID: 26159742
That failed so, I ran a eseutil /p to repair the DB.  Checked status and tried to mount but failed.  Could the Service Pack be an issue?  Have not loaded any Exchange service packs on this server, not sure what the old server had.  Is there anyway to tell with any eseutil commands?
LVL 17

Accepted Solution

Tiras25 earned 2000 total points
ID: 26159760
Yes they have to match the other server.

Featured Post

New feature and membership benefit!

New feature! Upgrade and increase expert visibility of your issues with Priority Questions.

Question has a verified solution.

If you are experiencing a similar issue, please ask a related question

This month, Experts Exchange sat down with resident SQL expert, Jim Horn, for an in-depth look into the makings of a successful career in SQL.
This article will help to fix the below errors for MS Exchange Server 2016 I. Certificate error "name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site" II. Out of Office not working III. Make Internal URLs and Externa…
In this video we show how to create an Address List in Exchange 2013. We show this process by using the Exchange Admin Center. Log into Exchange Admin Center.: First we need to log into the Exchange Admin Center. Navigate to the Organization >> Ad…
This video demonstrates how to sync Microsoft Exchange Public Folders with smartphones using CodeTwo Exchange Sync and Exchange ActiveSync. To learn more about CodeTwo Exchange Sync and download the free trial, go to: http://www.codetwo.com/excha…
Suggested Courses
Course of the Month18 days, 17 hours left to enroll

834 members asked questions and received personalized solutions in the past 7 days.

Join the community of 500,000 technology professionals and ask your questions.

Join & Ask a Question