I've just recently done a clean install of Win 7 on a new 1 TB drive and in the process of restoring files from a separate drive which hosts my XP installation and most of my files, I think I've screwed something up.
I've split the 1TB drive into 2 partitions (C & D) with WIn 7 on C:\ and my Documents, etc on D:\ with the idea of putting all of the files I need to back up routinely on the D:\ partition. As I started getting more familiar with the Folder structure of Win 7, it occurred to me that I might want to also re-point the "Roaming" sub-folder under the c:\Users\username\AppData to a similarly named folder under the D:\ partition (This thought came to me because I noticed some of the Outlook infrastructure like the Outlook.NK2 file in that path and I thought it would be a good thing to back that up routinely, too).
So, I right-clicked the Properties of what I could have sworn was the "c:\Users\username\AppData
\Roaming" sub-folder, and navigated to 'Move' the folder to the "d:\Users\username\AppData
\Roaming" sub-folder (as I had done previously with the 'My Documents' folder, etc. (though on that and similar "top-level" folders in the Libraries, I think I actually created the destination folder first - I'm not sure if I did that for the Roaming folder or not ...).
Anyway, what I am seeing is now probably best understood by looking at the attached screenshots of the relevant portions of the C & D partitions.