Installer for WinForm Application written in C# .net 2.
Posted on 2010-01-02
I am looking for help in finding an Installer for a WinForm Application (which is written in C# .net 2.0 - using Visual Studio 2008)
I have been looking and trying to evaluate for a couple of hours...
I formally use SetupSpecialist way back when distributing my VS6 apps to customers. This is my 1st .net product. Dot Net seems to be a whole new world ;-)
For one thing, I find that I have to see if the proper .net 2.0 distributable is installed on the user machine among other things...
Anyway... I have looked at
(1) Wise Installer (a bit too expensive at ~ $1800.00US)
(2) Install Setup (also bit too expensive at ~ $1800.00US + ran into a few post about bad experences)
(3) Setup Factory (~$400.00US - afordable but need some feedback from users as to how well it might work for my needs)
BTW - the same company that makes (3) Seyup Factory also makes MSI Factory - Not sure how that is different.
(4) Inno Setup - (Free but it looks like I would spend way more than $400 in time, setting everything up?)
(5) Visual Studio Installer - (not sure exactly what this does or how it does it by quickly reading the documentation)
(6) OneClick Deployment - Is this an installer or is Deployment something different?
I feel a but lost, even though I have distributed products created in VisualStudio 6, this .net world has been a new animal, and the installer seems to be the latest ??? I have run into.
Any help and advice would be GREATLY Appreciated!
I am not even really sure how to distribute points on this one, so I'll spread them around among the top 2 or 3 as to how much help each post is.