Hi can someone help
I have Windows 2008 Server,which has 3 Network cards.
All three have Static IP Addresses
One Card has local range 192.168. range
Two cards has external IP address 217 range
Remote port 3389 is open on both exteranl IP address.
Server is running DHCP server with 192.168 range
Server is also running DNS server
Router is a BT router and have local ip addres
My Questions are:
1. is it safe to use Remote Desktop application to access server remotly ?
2. can all three or perhaps two netwrok card be configured for remote access or will only one work at time
3. If I give public ip address to all three network card i.e. 217 range then I can access the server remotely by using the first network card which an external network card on the server other two are internal. but that means I have to chnage the DHCP range to 217 othewise it doesnt work if I gave the external ip address to the server and local range to DHCP ?
4. if I enable DHCP on the router with local IP address range then assing all three network card public ip address then DHCP and server works fine, but I like to use my server as a DHCP server than using router DHCP.
5. can someone advise what is the best way forward for remote desktop access on a multiple network cards server.
6. finally would it be adviseable to use server to access all remote client i.e if I access the server remotly and then access all client computers using windows 2008 terminal server remotApps or should I give individual desktop an externa IP