I have created a website that uses php and an SQL Express database to collect some information that I'm entering into my blackberry. It's simple, but working fine. I would like to create a javaME program for my blackberry that will handle the collection and uploading of the data without taking the extra steps of going into the web browser and logging into my website through a SSL connection.
I've created a few stand alone java apps for my blackberry already, so I'm already comfortable with the javaME and blackberry interface programming. I'm also familiar enough with php and html to make a website that can do what I want. What I'm having trouble figuring out is how to write a program that will handle the details of connecting to my website and transferring the info once it's collected.
Here is what I assume needs to happen.
1. Program opens and I fill out the form that consists of text boxes, check boxes, and drop down lists.
2. I hit send the send button
3. The program creates an XML file
4. The program uses my user name, password, and SSL certificate to connect to the website
5. The program sends the xml file over the wireless network
6. The website sends some kind of response indicating that the XML file has been received and processed
7. The program lets me know that all is good.
I can already do steps 1, 2, 3, and 7; its 3, 4, 5, and 6 that have me stumped. I probably just lack the necessary vocabulary to find a tutorial for something like this.