I have been running Windows 7 for some time and loving it. Just now I ran into my first issue. Last week I made some changes to my client network and after that I cannot connect to it. This is a wired connection.
1. DHCP starts, gets IP. I can see this from ipconfig
2. identifying network starts, says no internet access
4. puts connection in unidentified public network
3. after this no network traffic is permitted. I can ping my IP but nothing else.
what i have tried:
1. disabled windows firewall
2. remove AVG Anti virus
3. set static IP
4. disable windows defender
6. restarting network discovery services
7. enabling/disabling IPv6 in network card.
8. enabling/disabling link layer topology in network card.
9. verifying i do not have any Bonjour applications installed.
10. System restore
At this point I am really at a loss. All of my Windows XP machines work just fine. The changes I did were to the DHCP server and changing IP's of a remote site (point to point connected)
Any ideas on what to check? Why does Windows no see a connection and put it into this unidentified group and block all network traffic?