Internet Explorer 8 stalls on Page Load
Posted on 2010-01-04
Internet Explorer 8 frequently stalls on page loads. Usually I can get one or two page loads before it hangs / stalls.
Some remedies I have tried:
1. I have run a Full Scan with PCTools Sypware Doctor with AntiVirus. Definition set is up to date. No problems reported. I also tried disabling IntelliGuard.
2. I tried running Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons). Failed.
3. I tried uninstalling all Add-Ons. Failed.
4. I ran Reset Internet Explorer Settings in Tools > Internet Options > Advanced. Failed.
5. Checked networking. Called my ISP and ran trace routing. All were fine. I connected directly to my cable modem (bypassing my router) and did a cold restart of it.
The odd things that I can see:
1. I installed IE AutoLogin (SoftTag) awhile back and it had problems. I'm running Windows 2003. I have since un-installed it.
2. When I load Internet Explorer, I actually see two copies of iexplore.exe in the Task Manager (both listed under my User Name). Both close when I exit.
3. System performance and other applications are responding as usual.
Normally I would switch to Firefox or the like, but I use Internet Explorer (in particular ClickOnce) for parts of my application.