I have a SBS2003 server running our business at the moment. We are about to build a SBS2008 server on new hardware. The new SBS2008 server will have a new domain so we are opting to 'rebuild' the network and rejoin the workstations rather than migrate.
My question is - Will setting up the SBS2008 server on the same network IP structure affect anything?
It needs to be on the same network so it can get internet throughout the install.
My plan is to -
1) install SBS 2008 on new hardware
2) configure exchange, AD, setup user accounts etc.
3) copy files and mailboxes from 03 to new 08 server
4) change portfowarding in router so the new 2008 server starts receiving mail
5) turn off old server
5) rejoin all workstations to new domain
Is this going to work. Or is mixing 03 and 08 going to bugger things up?
Any input greatly appreciated.