In a prev related post, Databasemx began explainin to me what open a form using acDialog does.
From what i understand, it pauses execution in the "main parent" form that is doing the open.
ok, so i am a little puzzled, so i'd like to ask basic questions:
a) Notice that there are 2 properties in design mode in the screen shot below
1) popup - is that for POSITIONING the form
2) modal - is that for main form WAITING on popup form to close for main form to continue execution
b) if we use the above properties, do we also have to open the form acDialog
or are they diff. techniques that do the same thing?
d) notice in the screen shot below, that i just checked off popup as yes, and modal as no
1) what is really happening bec. modal is no?
2) should popup and modal both be set to yes?
3) what situations would popup=y, modal =n
what situations would popup=n, modal =y
your advice/ideas are appreciated, tx, sandra